Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our
lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the
negative stress. Participants will be shown how stress can be positive
and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple-A approach that will form the
basis of this course.
The Stress Management course will give participants a three-option
method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of
personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a
stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements
they can change to reduce stress.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are
associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that
in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
At the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
- Use routines to reduce stress
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
- Better cope with major events
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them