Performance Management is making sure the employee and the
organization are focused on the same priorities. It touches on the
organization itself by improving production and reducing waste. It helps
the employee or individual set and meet their goals and improves the
employee manager relationship. This is key in keeping an organization
and employee aligned, which improves performance and productivity, is
When changes occur Performance Management helps the transition to be
smoother and less hectic. It helps the organization and employee have a
stream-lined relationship which improves communication and interactions
between the two groups. It will help close any gaps that exist in an
employee”s skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through
feedback and coaching.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly.
The objectives for this course are as follows:
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of performance management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolb’s Learning Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan