Business succession planning is all about being prepared. The loss of
valuable leadership can cripple even the strongest of companies.
Succession planning is an essential component to the survival and growth
of any business. Whether it is grooming employees to become leaders, or
preparing for an employee’s retirement participants will identify
common obstacles and how to overcome them.
Our Business Succession Planning course will show you the differences
between succession planning and mere replacement planning. How you
prepare people to take on leadership responsibilities is just as
important as hiring the right person for the job. Every company should
have a form of succession planning in its portfolio.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are
associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that
in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define business succession planning and its role in your company.
- Lay the groundwork to develop a succession plan.
- The importance of mentorship.
- Define and use a SWOT analysis to set goals.
- Create a plan, assign roles, and execute the plan.
- Communicate to develop support and manage change.
- Anticipate obstacles, and evaluate and adapt goals and plans.
- Characterize success.