Improving diversity knowledge is a required component of every
company. With more and more businesses having global presence workplace
diversity is a forgone conclusion. Participants will be able to use
strategies to be proactive and remove barriers. They will be shown how
to build and encourage diversity in their workplace and community.
Our Course Diversity course will help participants understand what
diversity is, and how they can create a more diverse environment. They
will be instructed on how to use active listening and employ effective
questioning techniques. By learning the right complaint.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are
associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly.
With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse
population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate
- Understand the importance of body language, both your own, and that
of others, and recognize its importance in interpersonal communications
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints, and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyze the situation, and take appropriate resolution action
- Identify the process an organization must follow to receive and
respond to a complaint, and then creating mechanisms to prevent or
reduce repeat situations.